Lead Financial Analyst
Company: PAE Government Services Inc.
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the
WorldLead Financial AnalystResponsibilities:Under general
supervision, the Financial Analyst IV is responsible for functions
of the division accounting and budgetary process. Using established
procedures, the financial analyst aggressively and proactively
analyzes and forecasts division fiscal data, programs, operations,
budgets, expenses and profit and loss. - Applies fundamental fiscal
concepts, prepares written and oral budgetary recommendations for
implementation in department budgets. Assists Business Unit
management and other personnel in technical budgetary matters
during budget meeting, finance meetings, and in the general
preparation and administration of the budget and profit and loss.
Prepares short- and long-range budgetary projections utilizing
economic forecasting and financial analytic techniques to assess
the impact of budget changes and client requirements. Utilizes
current organization-wide software and systems to complete
assignments.Summary of Essential job functions:
- Must be a decisive multi-tasker that can proactively track all
division level financial data. - - Individual must be capable of
forecasting cost information and predicting cost issues that need
to be addressed with Program Managers and other Management as
- Develops monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports for
management reporting, forecasting, trending, and results analysis.
Including financial outlook and annual operating plan.
- Ensures financial, accounting, and audit compliance and
efficient monthly accounting closing cycle with a core focus on
billing in two systems and ensuring detailed accurate financial
analysis of the variances.
- Performs duties in support of Month End close Process, to
include reconciliation of projects/accounts, review, and analysis
of monthly financial data.
- Responsible for various financial functions such as analysis,
revenue forecasting, monthly and quarterly direct cost review,
overhead cost review, and profitability.
- This individual will support in the development of monthly
financial charts in support of Program Management Reviews.
- Ensures compliance with internal policies and procedures, as
well as FAR, other government regulations, GAAP, and CAS
- Identifies areas to increase profitability and cash flow; and
identifying and implementing opportunities to improve finance and
accounting processes (invoicing, set-ups, financial forecasting,
audit programs, etc.)
- Prepares and maintains quarterly reforecast of sales, costs,
and profit & loss.
- Capable of leading a detailed financial review with management
and other corporate leaders.
- Creates, maintains, and updates financial databases and
spreadsheets, and generates various financial reports as
- Assists the in planning for annual Direct and Indirect cost
- Supports all audit activities for both internal and external
- Performs monthly/quarterly/year end analysis and reconciliation
on all programs.
- Assists management team on all pricing and proposal
- Coordinates with the billing staff to produce accurate invoices
to customers. Supports all collection efforts.
- Performs weekly/monthly reviews and processes all indirect and
- Supports all division program reviews
- Supports proposal development and pricing as required.
- Performs ad-hoc assignments as directed by management.
- Act as the finance and business operations lead for the sector.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance (or related disciplines)
from an accredited institution, or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- 8+ years of experience in multiple areas, including Finance,
Accounting or Business Operations.
- Demonstrated experience driving the review and analysis of the
effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and plans and
developing strategies for improving or further leveraging these
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a deep understanding of
- Candidate must be able to identify areas in need of process
improvements and implement accordingly with minimal
- Experience representing the Company to customers.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, procedures,
and technical documentation.
- Strong knowledge of budgets, estimates at complete and
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish
facts, and propose solutions.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions
- Knowledge of principles involved in strategic planning,
resource allocation, human resources, leadership, service delivery
methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent
customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting
quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires
handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to
changing priorities, schedules, and budgets.
- Ability to clearly communicate with individuals within
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel,
Access, Project and Powerpoint.
- Experience using various software applications, such as
spreadsheets, Hyperion, and CostPoint to manipulate and/or format
data and/or reports.
- Experience in Excel, Deltek, Costpoint, Hyperion and Share
- Strong knowledge of Percent Complete revenue recognition
- Experience working with large Federal Government contracts
- Ability to work with seasoned professionals, manage team
dynamics, and ensure focused attention to organizational
- Working knowledge of general accounting principles (GAAP), and
familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)/SOX. -
Experience with budget and forecasting, including development of
EACs is highly desirable.Amentum is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal
opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color,
sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's
status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family
structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or
information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so
long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or
without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category
under federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: PAE Government Services Inc., Richmond , Lead Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!