Middle School ELA Teacher
Company: Caliber Schools
Posted on: June 23, 2022
About Caliber Public -SchoolsCaliber's Mission is to achieve
educational equity by shifting the experiences, expectations and
outcomes for students in historically underserved communities. Our
strengths-based educational program validates, affirms, respects
and supports students, families and staff members to reach their
full potential. Caliber graduates will be academically college
ready; have emotional intelligence or 'EQ'; be critical thinkers,
and have the skills and desire to be changemakers in their
communities and the world.Caliber's four graduate pillars--Heart,
Smart, Think, Act--guide our work. Caliber teaches computer science
as a core academic subject K-8th grade to directly challenge the
inequitable presence of women and underrepresented minorities in
the computer science industry. We are a community-based
organization and celebrate the diversity of the communities we
serve. -Our parents are active partners; frequently engaging
through school events, restorative practices, and academic support.
-We are looking for educators and leaders who want the opportunity
to use their voice, their skills and their passion to work in
partnership with our students and their families on their goals.
Caliber staff are committed to creating an inclusive environment,
dedicated to equity, where all staff, family members and students
feel they belong. - -Our first school, Beta Academy in Richmond,
CA, opened in 2014 and ChangeMakers Academy in Vallejo, CA opened
in fall 2016. Both Beta and ChangeMakers are currently TK-8
campuses serving more than 800 students. We plan to open additional
schools in future years as we grow to nearly 4,000 seats K-12 in
the Bay Area.Position Summary -We are looking for compassionate,
exceptional educators to join our Middle School Team! You'll work
collaboratively with your colleagues to drive the achievement of
all students in your grade level. You will be encouraged and
supported to lead engaging, personalized, and rigorous lessons that
integrate our four pillars: Heart, Smart, Think, and Act. You will
use data to drive your instruction, regularly assessing student
learning to ensure that each child's personalized learning plan
addresses their unique needs and goals for growth. You'll equitably
support the development of each child through restorative practices
and social-emotional learning strategies. You will build meaningful
relationships with families because you believe they are partners,
and play a critical role in student success. You will also receive
weekly training and support through high-quality professional
development and tailored one-on-one coaching. - -This role will be
required to be on campus when Caliber returns to in person
instruction during the 21-22 school year.Responsibilities
- Facilitate students' mastery of academic standards through
long-term planning, daily and weekly lesson plans, and execution of
rigorous and engaging daily instruction.
- Maintain high expectations for student behavior are clearly
taught, consistently communicated, and equitably applied to all
- Implement and support school-wide social-emotional programming
and restorative practices.
- Bring expertise and excitement for content into lesson plans
and lesson execution.
- Demonstrate an asset-based perspective of students from diverse
backgrounds, using their experiences as resources for learning vs.
excuses or problems to overcome.
- Provide students opportunities to learn who they are and where
they come from.
- Consistently reflect on own biases/perceptions/ pedagogical
practices and mitigates the negative impact on students through
culturally responsive practices.
- Facilitate a Blended Learning Model using technology tools as
part of instruction. - Develop expertise with technological tools
that drive student learning.
- Facilitate small group instruction with students working
towards targeted outcomes.
- Design and use assessment data to refine instructional
practices and personalize learning for each student.
- Consistently integrate coaching feedback.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with students,
families, and colleagues.
- Approach professional development with commitment and
reflection.QualificationsPreferred Experience: -
- At least 2 years of teaching experience, preferably in a high
performing school driving excellent student outcomes.
- Experience working with Black, Brown and other POC populations
at least one year.
- Experience with social-emotional learning and restorative
- Experience integrating technology into the classroom.Required:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Valid California State Teaching Credential or equivalent or
transferable teaching license from another state
- Intern credential acceptedValues: -Caliber staff---
- are committed to a culture of feedback, development and
- Affirm and validate the identities, strengths and passions of
- know that It is everyone's collective responsibility to work in
service of and alongside our school communities.
- approach situations and people with empathy and kindness.Salary
scales are based on years of experience and expertise. Scales are
competitive with other charter school organizations and local
districts.To Apply Visit:
-http://www.caliberschools.org/careers.html - -Caliber Public
Schools provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnicity,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. -
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org -
Keywords: Caliber Schools, Richmond , Middle School ELA Teacher, Education / Teaching , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!