Independent Living Instructor
Company: DABS, Inc.
Posted on: January 25, 2023
DABS Inc provides comprehensive life skills training to adults
with developmental disabilities, especially those experiencing
placement challenges across California. We develop placement
opportunities in order to help clients achieve a dignified
experience of living and thriving within a network of community
support and outreach.
Our life skills training enables our clients to reach their goals,
create lasting and meaningful relationships, and to gain access to
opportunities for learning and community outreach. With guidance,
our clients are able to make their own informed decisions based on
their own needs and wishes without threatening nor restricting
What You Will Do
- Aid Consumers with everyday activities that include light
housekeeping, meal preparation, running errands, and helping to
create or provide personal hygiene routines.
- Assisting with medication administration is at times required
depending on the need of consumers
- Providing transportation to consumer for any appointments of
- Tracking and documenting changes in clients' overall
- Working with a team of internal and external professionals.
What We Need From You
- Current CPR Certification - we can provide you with resources
to complete this
- Recent TB Test - we can provide you with resources to complete
- Reliable Transportation to and from work
- Some experience working with individuals with developmental
disabilities would be useful but not required for anyone that is
passionate about making a difference
- For roles that require driving, you will need to have a valid
driver's license, personal vehicle, and insurance.
- Undergo federal and state fingerprint background check
What We Offer
- Compensation: $16 per hour
- Full and Part-Time positions - let us know what you're looking
- Paid Time Off and Sick Leave
Where You Will Work
- Oakland, Richmond and Pittsburg area opportunities
DABS, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: DABS, Inc., Richmond , Independent Living Instructor, Education / Teaching , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!