Company: Blue Apron
Posted on: February 19, 2021
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron is looking for a Project Engineer to join the Operations
Engineering team, focusing on our operational initiatives. As a
Project Engineer in our Richmond, CA facility you will be
responsible for identifying inefficiencies in our Fulfillment
Center and providing solutions for savings and growth. You will
coordinate the timely execution of capital projects underway in
your facility, including equipment installation, product expansion,
and software rollouts (to name a few). Our Fulfillment Centers are
extremely flexible, and our business is always innovating. To
continue driving that forward, the Project Engineer must be a
results driven self-starter who can work with people at all levels
of the business, partnering closely with the Maintenance,
Operations, Software Engineering, Finance, and Sourcing teams to
develop & execute projects which improve operational efficiency &
drive the company's growth.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Manage capital project lifecycle from design, procurement, and
implementation of material flow and packaging automation
- Generate ideas and assess opportunities for cost savings
initiatives with the facility, both in packaging/manufacturing
processes and in distribution/material handling systems.
- Lead specification and procurement activities for new
equipment. Manage and challenge vendors to deliver innovative and
best-in-class solutions for Blue Apron.
- Utilize basic project management tools (Gantt charts, Process
Flow Diagrams, FMEAs, What-if Analysis, etc.) to ensure successful
- Build models and simulations as necessary to support and
validate the design of automation systems.
- Help production and maintenance teams improve existing
equipment reliability and cycle times. Existing systems include
discrete automated packaging systems and large integrated material
- Support the training and maintenance of equipment within the
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills through the use of
continuous improvement techniques.
- Show thorough understanding of the interactions between
machines, materials, methods, environment, and people to provide
robust operating systems.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Engineering field - mechanical or
- Experience and understanding of food safe design
- Demonstrable experience with automated system integration.
- 3+ years' experience managing multiple high-impact projects
with a strong track record of success, preferably in a
manufacturing, distribution, or food processing environment.
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles - simulation,
process, packaging, electrical, and construction.
- Proficient in MS Excel and AutoCAD.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and
- Familiarity with PLC ladder logic a plus
- Keen sense of value and business instincts.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize among diverse
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving and
constantly evolving high-growth environment.
- Strong communication skills with audiences at various levels,
ranging from non-technical senior leadership to factory maintenance
- Approximately 10-15% travel requirement depending on project
Keywords: Blue Apron, Richmond , Project Engineer, Engineering , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!