Automotive and Diesel Mechanic
Company: First Student
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Fleet Maintenance TechnicianFirst Student, the largest provider
of student transportation in North America, is now hiring a Fleet
Technician III with strong mechanical and diagnostic skills!First
Student is proud to offer:
- $31.52/HR Starting Wage (NOT flat rate)
- $3,000 Sign on bonus!*
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule, and consistent,
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!Fleet Maintenance Mechanic III Major
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair under minimal supervision. Repairs include brakes,
engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches
and other repairs.
- Remove, overhaul and reinstall mechanical components with
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections and
annual maintenance inspections.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval
- Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures.
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.Fleet
Maintenance Mechanic III Qualifications:
- Vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid drivers license required.
- 5+ years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- Advanced diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
- Must have appropriate mechanics tool set.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test.Apply today to join our team!First
Student (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading provider of
school transportation services. We operate in 460 locations across
the US and Canada, working with school districts to provide safe,
reliable, and cost-effective transportation for five million
students per school day. We employ more than 48,000 people and
operate and maintain over 43,000 buses.FirstGroup is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed
to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup
will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance.*Conditions apply. Offer expires 12/30/21.
Keywords: First Student, Richmond , Automotive and Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!