Collections System Technician
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Veolia group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological
transformation. With nearly 179,000 employees worldwide, the Group
designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful
and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its
three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop
access to resources, preserve available resources, and replenish
them. In 2020, the Veolia group supplied 95 million people with
drinking water and 62 million people with wastewater service,
produced nearly 43 million megawatt hours of energy and treated 47
million metric tons of waste.
Veolia provides Operations and Maintenance to the City of Richmond
for its Wastewater Treatment Plant, sanitary sewer collections
system and storm water conveyance system.
Summary: The Collection System Technician performs a variety of
skilled, semi-skilled, and manual work in the cleaning, locating
and inspection of the wastewater collection system and storm water
conveyance system; operate a variety of light construction
equipment and wastewater system cleaning an maintenance
- Responsible for operating heavy equipment including a HVVC
combination truck, power Rodder and portable hydraulic cleaning
- Perform a variety of cleaning & inspection work including
rodding, hydro flush cleaning, CCTV inspection & locating.
- Assist in maintaining and caring for assigned tools &
- Sit to drive or ride in vehicle, walk, stand, bend, squat,
climb, kneel & twist while getting in & out of truck/vehicles,
working in sewage; perform simple & power grasping, pushing &
pulling, fine manipulation, use feet to operate foot controls, lift
of carry weight of 100 pounds, hear traffic noise, & observe
oncoming traffic for safety.
- Required to communicate via radio & hear radio dispatch
- Perform a variety of semi-skilled & manual work involved in the
maintenance, cleaning, & closed circuit television inspection of
sewer lines & structures.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Learn, observe all safety precautions as required by the
Company, including, but not limited to, state and federal General
Industry Safety Directives, may be required to enter confined
- Ability to serve on 24 hour call rotation, nights and weekends
to work overtime in response to emergency situations and
- As a condition of employment, must live within 30 minutes of
the office/garage to respond to emergencies, work shift, on-call,
weekends, and holidays as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of a collections
system or wastewater treatment plant, or related field.
- Must be in possession or have the ability to obtain CDL class B
license with tanker endorsement within 6 months of hire.
- Must be in possession or have ability to obtain CWEA Grade 1
certification within 1 year of employment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Must maintain safe & efficient working conditions including
- Ability to perform considerable walking, climbing, moderate to
heavy lifting and carrying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives
equal consideration to all applications, without
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Veolia, Richmond , Collections System Technician, Engineering , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!