Veterans Preferred - Stationary Equipment Technician ($48.20 per Hour)
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -POSITION SUMMARY: The
Stationary Equipment Technician performs repairs and maintenance on
recycling equipment, compact heavy equipment and light trucks to
maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include,
but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair of hydraulic
systems, industrial electrical systems, 480V balers, conveyor
systems and compactors.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnoses mechanical problems using charts, diagnostic
software, technical manuals and expertise.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment,
compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and
- Repairs or replaces parts, such as pistons, rods, gears,
valves, and bearings, using mechanic's hand tools.
- Replaces conveyor belts, electrical motors, hydraulic cylinders
and other mechanical parts.
- Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports) and/or
repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or equipment
operators for clarification of problems. May discuss preventive
techniques with equipment users and vehicle drivers to minimize
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles,
documenting parts usage, and accounting for applied times (work
order times versus time card times).
- Complete daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and oil
usage, and provide information for input in Republic Services
Dossier (Fleet Management Software) system.
- May repair and install plumbing, electrical and HVAC
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on rolling stock
(forklift, skid steers, trailers and front loaders).
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or
- PLC troubleshooting and problem solving ability with practical,
mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience working with conveyors.
- Valid driver's license.
- Mechanical or trade school certificate.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 1 year of related equipment maintenance and repair
or trade school certification.#LI-LS1 Why choose Republic?Joining
Republic isn't just about taking on a new job, it's about making a
commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people
provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers,
neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.As a company, we are
proud of our values and encourage those who share in our
aspirations to join our team: - We protect our colleagues and
communities through safe practices everywhere, every day. - We are
committed to serving our customers and communities by going above
and beyond to exceed expectations. - We take action to improve
neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible
and creating a more sustainable world. - We are driven to deliver
results in the right way. - We encourage a human centered culture
that honors the unique potential and dignity of every
person.Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. - Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Richmond , Veterans Preferred - Stationary Equipment Technician ($48.20 per Hour), Engineering , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!