Senior Structural Engineer
Company: Golder Associates Ltd.
Posted on: May 27, 2023
At Golder, we thrive on challenges. Golder is not just a place
to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where
people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel,
and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership. - Golder
has a new opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineerto join our
Team based in Melbourne on afull-timebasis. You will be working on
a variety of civil infrastructure, trenchless and mining projects
in Melbourne and across Australia. Key duties and responsibilities
- Plan, manage and successfully deliver complex structural
engineering projects in Melbourne and across Australia.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and exceed
client's expectations on a consistent basis.
- Keep abreast of advancing technologies, methods and research &
- Assume responsibility for planning and managing small projects
or parts of larger projects.
- Assist with the design of temporary/permanent structural
systems. You will also be involved with internal peer review of
technical deliverables on a consistent basis.
- Carry out design work that will be of a challenging nature
while working together with internal Golder Teams and external
- Provide safety leadership in identifying and
alleviating/eliminating high priority safety hazards. This will be
predominantly while carrying out reviews of Safety in Design or
during the peer review process while considering construction
- Participate in training activities, mentoring and transferring
knowledge to other engineers and team members. It will be expected
of you to train less experienced engineers and to drive technical
- Plan, develop schedule, coordinate and direct workforce on
important engineering projects to meet completion deadlines.
- Undertake QA and preparation of all project documentation in
line with Golder's internal systems and procedures (GAIMS).
- Prepare proposals, reports and high-quality deliverables for
- Other duties as required. Skills, Qualifications, and
- Master or Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural
- Professional Chartered Engineer (CPEng) (preferred)
- Experience in the design of temporary and permanent structural
- Previous experience with trenchless construction or
- Experience with "First Principle" design of complex
- Experience with leading design teams and project management
Your benefits at Golder will include
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Great company environment & culture
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching Renowned for
technical excellence, Golder, a member of WSP, is a leading global
specialised engineering and consulting organisation with over 60
years of successful service to its clients. By joining forces with
WSP in 2021, Golder is now part of a 14,000-person strong earth and
environment practice, providing engineering, remediation,
regulatory & compliance, design and environmental services on
projects that span all seven continents. Our professionals are
driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialised
skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth,
environment, and energy present to clients across the
infrastructure, mining, oil & gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people - we operate with integrity and
embrace diversity. All qualified applicants who meet the specific
criteria outlined above including the special opportunity criteria
are encouraged to apply for this role. Please note: Golder does not
accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment
Keywords: Golder Associates Ltd., Richmond , Senior Structural Engineer, Engineering , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...