Assistant Project Manager
Company: Veolia North America
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Company DescriptionVeolia group aims to be the benchmark company
for ecological transformation. With nearly 179,000 employees
worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions
that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy
management. Through its three complementary business activities,
Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserveavailable
resources, and replenish them. In 2020, the Veolia group supplied
95 million people with drinking water and 62 million people with
wastewater service, produced nearly 43 million megawatt hours of
energy and treated 47 million metric tons of waste.Job
DescriptionAssists with the planning, organization and management
of the daily operations and maintenance. Ensures -compliance with
established environmental, safety, operating, and emergency
response procedures. Maintains -ongoing client interface
appropriate to the project to keep client informed and enhance
- Assists the Project Manager in the daily operation and
maintenance of a wastewater reclamation system and ensures
compliance with operational, QA/QC, safety, environmental, and
performance metrics.Typically works with Operations and Maintenance
to ensure that plant resources are being utilized to -achieve
- Manages preventative and corrective maintenance of facility
equipment. Duties include, but are not limited to work scheduling,
tracking, inventory management, and contractor management.
- Assists the Project Manager with human resource functions of
the facility or unit including hiring, salary and job change
actions, and coaching/counseling in conjunction with HRBP. Works
with HSE and training team to ensure that all personnel receive
safety and process training. Coaches and counsels team members to
improve technical, supervisory, interpersonal, and problem
resolution skills. Works to identify and provide opportunities for
team to learn new skills and techniques.
- Reviews and evaluates facility reports, records, logs, and
graphs to confirm adequacy of present and projected
water/wastewater needs. Ensures that uniform monitoring and
recordkeeping are performed facility wide.
- Prepares reports as directed concerned with chemical analyses
of water for administrative purposes and regulatory agencies.
- Participates and supports Project Manager in client meetings as
needed and helps to handle resolution of client service problems in
a professional manner. Assists with the preparation and/or review
of reports to regulatory agencies and assists with public relations
duties as necessary.
- Works with Project Manager to develop site specific or
functional goals and activities required to meet overall business
objectives. Maintains standards, guidelines, and procedures.
Identifies needed process improvements, evaluates new concepts,
technologies, and practices; recommends and helps implement
- Assists Project Manager in developing site objectives that
align with Area Manager and assists managers and supervisors in
developing goals and activities in their respective areas to meet
overall business objectives.
- Regularly identifies, evaluates, recommends, and helps
implement improvements to reliability, regulatory compliance and/or
- Evaluates employee performance, matches abilities and job
requirements, and capitalizes on talents to -effectively meet
business objectives. Ensures that business initiatives and progress
toward goals are effectively communicated to employees.
- Proactively manages safety, plant appearance and environmental
issues, and ensures compliance with Federal and State standards
including Hazardous Waste Disposal and Air Quality Standards.
Ensures that issues are identified, addressed, and elevated as
appropriate in a timely manner.
- Works with Project Manager and the local operations team to
maintain an up-to-date plan of action to be taken in the event of
emergencies such as machine, equipment, or power failure. Helps
manage emergencies in a safe and effective manner.
- Supports capital and facility improvement plans as required.
Interacts with facility owner, engineers and other consultants, and
coordinates with contractors as needed.
- Fulfills facility operations and maintenance, and other duties
as assigned to ensure facility uptime guarantees are
- Three to five years progressive lead and/or supervisory
experience within a related environment with thorough knowledge of
industry methods, techniques, principles, and -practices. Oily
produced water, ion exchange, and reverse osmosis experience
- High school or GED with the ability to read, write and
comprehend English (operational, -process, safety, and quality
instructions) and be able to carry out verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership ability with an understanding of Human
Resources / Relations -principles.
- Knowledge of Process and Operations Management, QA/QC
procedures, Safety, Environmental, and Facilities management.
- Equipment maintenance management.
- Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem
resolution, resolve conflicting priorities and to meet assignment
deadlines within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose process problems and manage
- Demonstrated effective communication, presentation, and
interpersonal skills to interface with and motivate all levels of
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete,
and easily understood written communications and reports.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in word processing,
spreadsheet and database software, and the ability to optimize the
use of technology and systems to communicate, manage, and budget,
and to streamline processes efficiency.
- Familiarity with maintenance, operation, and regulatory
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility
required PPE (Personal Protection -Equipment).
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and
regulations, the -Company's Code of Business Conduct and other
Company policies and procedures.
- Valid Driver's license and safe driving record.
- Ability to work outdoors in hot, cold, and inclement weather
- Available to provide site support in an on-call capacity.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Ability to wear required personal protective
equipment.Additional InformationAll your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: Veolia North America, Richmond , Assistant Project Manager, Executive , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!