Company: Kinsa Group
Posted on: August 1, 2022
We have an opportunity for a Research and Development Manager to
join a dynamic growing team. We are actively building capacity to
meet the increasing demand for our all-natural baked goods sold
nationally at progressive retailers such as Whole Foods Market,
Kroger, Sprouts, Safeway and Target. As an integral member of the
team, you will help support our production and sales teams to
optimize existing products as well as develop and launch new items
that are both trend-setting and delightful.
- Competitive Salary/Bonus opportunity, Medical, 401k, Paid Time
- Lead and support the R&D team and serve as the chief
product expert for the company.
- Work across multiple functional departments to optimize
existing and new recipes and processes to enhance product quality,
food and workplace safety, production efficiencies, throughput and
- Develop and maintain an innovative product development pipeline
aligned with strategic objectives and responsive to customer
- Work collaboratively with the Quality and Food Safety team to
provide technical support on products and ingredients and
participate in sensory evaluation and product shelf life
- Manage new product set up, as well as documentation of recipes
and processes in ERP system.
- Research product and ingredient trends, standards, attributes,
and safety. Competencies/Culture:
- 5-7 years of experience working in a food manufacturing
environment with bakery experience strongly preferred.
- Experience leading and managing a team and interacting with
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science and formal culinary training
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to keep
accurate and up-to-date documentation and records.
- Experience working with an ERP system or other complex software
- Knowledge of GMP, SQF, HACCP, food safety and food labeling
- Able to both ingest and tolerate contact with food
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Keywords: Kinsa Group, Richmond , R&D Manager, Executive , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!