Food & Beverage Manager
Company: Courtyard by Marriott Richmond
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Job SummaryThe Food and Beverage Manager oversees the day-to-day
operation of the Bistro to ensure efficiency and profitability,
guidance and training personnel, care/maintenance of equipment,
menu engineering, food and beverage cost and labor controls, and
all other aspects of running a restaurant.PREREQUISITES
- Three years experience supervising at least five
- One year experience following standard recipes.
- Experience ordering/pricing food and inventory control.
- Experience with chain food, retail, and hotel outlet
- Food Manager certification required.SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds unassisted and lift
and/or carry 30 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch,
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to communicate with other associates and/or
guests.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIESKnowledge:
- F&B inventory procedures, staff scheduling, and ordering
food product for the restaurant.
- Local and national food safety regulations.
- Storage and labeling of all products: dry, freezer,
- OSHA requirements and maintains department accordingly
- Supervisory skills: training, coaching, motivating staffing and
- Daily hotel operations, check daily events, bulletin boards and
be up to date on changes, new procedures and events.
- Knowledge of BEOs and details surrounding events.
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of
rooms, locations, rates, discounts.Skills:
- Staff training for FOH Service and BOH Kitchen Operations
- Monitor and document associates for both positive and negative
- Computer literate to thoroughly operate property management
systems to include Inventory, Labor, and Brand programs.
- Maintain organization of supplies, storage rooms, refrigerators
- Multitask, remain associate and guest service centric.
- Effectively communicate with guests, department heads,
associates and home office support staff.
- Solve guest issues with professionalism while maintaining a
- Market and promote to increase exposure and sales.SPECIFIC
- Serve as a role model and sets the standard for all employees
to maintain high-quality and consistent guest service. Encourages
cooperation and consistent levels of communications with kitchen
staff and FOH staff. Promote positive morale and friendly
- Follow budgets and control costs for labor and food and
- Maintain a professional cohesive team byhiring, training,
coaching, counseling and developing the most qualified
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner: schedules,
payroll, inventories, orders, production controls, etc.
- Set procedures and provide guidance to ensure quality standards
for food and beverage service.
- Plans and coordinates all banquet services, with group
requirements and services for food and beverage proposals,
contracts, BEOs and the execution from beginning to completion,
delegates with staff to ensure production is of high quality and
service. Develops Banquet Menus.
- Maintain all Food Safety, Department of Health and OSHA
- Ensure restaurant guests are provided with the highest quality
product and service.
- Maintain certification from a brand approved alcohol
responsible vendor training program, food handler
- Act as Manager on Duty (MOD) in the absence of other department
heads, working in conjunction with all management of the
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of
performing as staffing needs arise.
- Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a
friendly professional image.
- May be required to work any day/shift, including weekends.We
are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without
regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Courtyard by Marriott Richmond, Richmond , Food & Beverage Manager, Executive , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!