Business & Finance Manager
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Onsite in Richmond, CA
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH NON-PROFIT
- We are looking for a Business and Finance Manager to join our
team! The Business and Finance Manager is responsible for all areas
related to financial reporting, and assists in developing and
maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to
ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of
accounting activities including general ledger preparation,
financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, assistance with
tax and regulatory reporting and the support of budget and forecast
ensures compliance to GAAP.
- Areas of support will also include planning and monitoring of
cash flow, preparing balance sheets, profit, and loss statements,
and analyzing current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and
obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses while
managing expense budgets.
Sample of Some Duties:
- Responsible for financial statement and related fiscal and
statistical reports. Create interim statements and other
statistical/financial reports for the ED, Board, Government
Agencies and funders as required.
- Review and discuss with these audiences as directed by the ED.
Manage the audit process annually ensuring timely audits that meet
- Develop and manage the agency expense management and budget
- Support expense management; expense and revenue accrual and
cash forecasting; budget analysis and reporting.
- Develop expense allocations consistent with standard cost
accounting methodologies and Contractual requirements.
- Ensure expenses are properly assigned to Reimbursement
Contracts and Restricted Grants
- .Verify bills against schedules of allowable costs; maintain
detailed records and summary reports of payments authorized;
identify expenditures allowable to state-funded programs.
- Analyze Agency revenue contracts' financial requirements, legal
reporting and tax reporting.
- Create, implement, manage and update books, records and
procedures to ensure that all contractual, legal and tax
requirements are met, and that revenues and expenses are properly
documented and recorded in a manner that facilitates required
reporting and ensures accuracy.
- Directly and through staff assume responsibility for posting,
adjusting, and balancing expense and revenue accounts; maintain
accounting records necessary to allocate to multiple revenue
sources, some revenue sources having separate account
- Prepare trial balances; post adjusting entries; maintain
depreciation and other schedules as required.
- Responsible for ledger reconciliations including checking
accounts, receivables, payables and other accounts.
- Manage the payroll process and benefit jointly with
- Develop and manage accountable plan for employee
- Ensure accuracy of Demand (Billing) submissions. Liaison with
funders regarding submitted bills.
- Prepares budgets, forecasts and financial analysis for the
assigned grants and contracts.
- Stay familiar with GAAP; tax; and relevant regulatory
pronouncements as they impact the Agency.
- Supervise, train, and review the work of Payroll or Finance
staff making ledger entries, performing reconciliations and
preparing trial balances, maintaining payroll records, and
performing other fiscal record-keeping work.
- Reconciles a variety of General Ledger Accounts to source
documents and subsidiary ledgers and systems. Researches the nature
and causes of any discrepancies. -
QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Purposes, methods, practices and terminology of financial
record keeping and processing, including accounts payable, account
receivable, cost accounting, contracts, and payroll.
- Business arithmetic. Non-profit Accounting software and
demonstrated proficiency with spreadsheets.
- Modern office practices and equipment.
- Governmental rules and regulations affecting accounting
--- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance from an accredited
University or College is a must.
Master's and/or CPA is a big plus.
--- 5+ years accounting experience required including general
ledger accounting, financial reporting and account analysis for
As part of our promise to talent, Kelly supports those who work
with us through a variety of benefits, perks, and work-related
resources. Kelly offers eligible employees voluntary benefit plans
including medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, term life, whole
life, accident insurance, critical illness, a legal plan, and
short-term disability. As a Kelly employee, you will have access to
a retirement savings plan, service bonus and holiday pay plans
(earn up to eight paid holidays per benefit year), and a transit
spending account. In addition, employees are entitled to earn paid
sick leave under the applicable state or local plan. Click for more
information on benefits and perks that may be available to you as a
member of the Kelly Talent Community.Get a complete career fit with
Kelly -. You're looking to keep your career moving onward and
upward, and we're here to help you do just that. Our staffing
experts connect you with top companies for opportunities where you
can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and
experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where
you want to go in your career.
About Kelly Work changes everything. And at Kelly, we're obsessed
with where it can take you. To us, it's about more than simply
accepting your next job opportunity. It's the fuel that powers
every next step of your life. It's the ripple effect that changes
and improves everything for your family, your community, and the
world. Which is why, here at Kelly, we are dedicated to providing
you with limitless opportunities to enrich your life-just ask the
300,000 people we employ each year.Kelly Services is proud to be an
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We
welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are
committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of
backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we
believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can
provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application
process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge
Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and
local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar
individuals from employment.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Richmond , Business & Finance Manager, Executive , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!