Company: R7 Partners
Posted on: November 17, 2023
About BedrockBedrock is operationalizing the largest
Earth-exploration mission in human history. We're doing that by
developing robotics & software to explore, map, and classify the
entirety of Earth's ocean floor. The oceans are a critical
component of climate stabilization. Our hope is to provide critical
subsea data and infrastructure to further understand and predict
the fundamental forces that support harmonious human existence on
this planet.About You And The RoleThe ocean covers over 70% of our
planet - we need the sea to survive - but despite its importance we
know little about it. Over 80% of the ocean has never been mapped;
moreover, it's believed that less than 5% has been mapped at least
at a 100m resolution.The truth is that humans know more about the
surfaces of the Moon and Mars than our own ocean floor. We at
Bedrock think that needs to change. Quickly.To tackle this mission,
we're using autonomous submarines and our cloud platform to drive
understanding of the ocean. To help us scale, we're looking for a
Vice President of Finance to join us in our Richmond, CA office.As
the VP of Finance at Bedrock, you will report directly to the CEO
and will be responsible for leading and scaling the finance and
accounting functions. You will drive communicating financial
performance and projections to board members and investors,
implementing financial processes and systems, and overseeing
FP&A, Accounting and other initiatives, including venture
capital fundraising. If you want to do innovative work with new and
compelling challenges, then join us!What You'll Do:
- Develop and execute the company's financial strategy, including
creative financial engineering.
- Own all aspects of Finance operations, including:
- Regular financial reporting (e.g. preparing monthly, quarterly,
and annual financial statements), forecasts, planning, budgeting,
financial analysis, cash management, and procurement
- Timely and accurately provide reporting of financial
information to internal parties, government regulators and outside
- Maintain a detailed financial operating model and provide
oversight and guidance to the management team.
- Lead and develop team of finance and accounting professionals,
currently one full-time team member owning accounting
- Own financial storytelling for key stakeholders, including
board members, investors, and lenders
- Own the risk management function for the overall company
- Ensure the company complies with all applicable financial
regulations, including management of external tax providers.What
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or
equivalent certification (e.g., CPA or CFA)
- 10+ years of experience in senior finance roles.
- Strong understanding of financial principles and practices,
including accrual accounting.
- Extensive experience with financial modeling, analysis, and
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.What You'll
- Experience with hardware or manufacturing business.
- Experience with corporate or tax compliance.Explore the last
true frontier left on Earth with us.We're seeking ultra-determined
people who aren't afraid to pioneer new solutions and challenge
conventional assumptions. Most of all, we're looking for
high-quality, good human beings with low egos.Bedrock is an equal
opportunity Employer. Bedrock determines employment on the basis of
merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in
any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national
origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical
disability or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: R7 Partners, Richmond , VP, Finance, Executive , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!