Lab Technician (Vallejo, CA)
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
LAB TECHNICIAN (Vallejo, CA)--We are proud to offer an exciting
contract to perm opportunity to work as a--Lab Technician--at an
advanced oil/petroleum--analysis laboratory located in the Vallejo,
CA.--1 Year Assignment (temp to perm opportunity!)Pay Rate:--
$16--to $18/hour, depending on Education or--ExperienceFull-time
Position:--Monday-Friday, Daytime Hours--PRIMARY
- Responsible for assisting and performing a wide range of
chemical and physical analyses on petro fuels, lubes, greases and
petroleum related products.--SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all required testing on petro fuels, lubes, greases and
petroleum related products.
- Assists in the setting up of laboratory equipment and/or
instrumentation required for the analysis of samples and general
upkeep and housekeeping of the Laboratory.
- Perform standardization of all solutions as required.
- Documents all activities and recordkeeping accordingly to
- Assist in all other laboratory assignments and projects.
- At all times, comply with our company's Code of Integrity and
- Associate's Degree in Science or related discipline coupled
with basic knowledge of chemistry.
- Must be able to work with all chemicals, petrochemicals
- Must be able to differentiate colors accurately by sight.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; talk or hear; and test or smell.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, and reach
with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, or squat.
- Depending on location, position may require incumbent to work
weekends, holiday or work a rotating shift, to meet business
- Position requires a dependable and reliable individual; whose
daily presence adds to the success of the Department.
- The ability to work with minimal or no supervision coupled with
excellent organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication
(verbal and written) skills.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel,).
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations.--OTHER INFORMATION
- Demonstrates strong commitment to our company's HSE Policies,
Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety
meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe
situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all
applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations and assists
other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to
emergencies within the workplace.
- In accordance with the HSE Management System requirements,
disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part
of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all
waste transportation and disposal regulations and
- Reports all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in
accordance with the Incident Reporting requirements.
- Uses all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner
intended and reports any damaged / lost equipment to
- Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
- Maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to
supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client / site
- Actively participates in incident investigations and risk
assessments as deemed necessary by our management.--Apply Now!Why
Kelly--?Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection to premier
scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people
just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream
jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job
searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters
have a professional background/education in science, so we know a
thing or two about the science market and how to get you
noticed.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's
next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their
full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
the world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to,
minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected
veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment
Opportunity is The Law.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Richmond , Lab Technician (Vallejo, CA), Healthcare , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!