Staff Nurse II Short Hour-Med Svcs-Epidemic Vaccination-8:30AM-5:00PM-Richmond Hospital
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 21, 2022
The Registered Nurse (RN) II is a professional caregiver who
assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients
for a designated time frame. The RN II provides care to patients
via the therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the
environment and instrumentation, and other health care team
Participates in patient/ family teaching and provides leadership in
working cooperatively with members of the health care team to
maintain standards of professional nursing practice in the clinical
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic
manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual
and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family
education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care when and where
appropriate to do so.
- Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and
- Establishes priorities or patient care based on essential
patient needs and available unit resources of time, personnel,
equipment, and supplies.
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and acts to meet
- Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family
rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Provides/coordinates care for patients/patient
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the
health care team, patients, and families.
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of health care
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by health care team
- Utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following
lines of authority, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as
identified within the institution.
- Performs efficiently in emergency patient care situations
following established protocols, remaining calm, informing
appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit
and department personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient
confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care
and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and Department Performance Improvement
activities as directed.
- Participates in nursing research activities as
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with
patients, families, and all members of the health care
- Provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates
flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates
flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and
telecommunication modalities in documenting, tracking and conveying
information. Ability to navigate in a windows environment,
utilizing a mouse and the ability to learn electronic medical
record system application.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
Formulates a goal-directed plan of care in collaboration with the
health care team.
Identifies patient/family learning needs and implements appropriate
Provision of competent Emergency nursing care, for all ages,
acuities and conditions in the population the facility serves.
Documents patient care and unit activities in a timely, accurate,
and concise manner.
MSE reflecting sound clinical knowledge and judgment, and
consistent with Standardized Procedure and State/ Federal
Requires dependable attendance to scheduled shifts and required
Works within scope of practice, including standardized procedures,
and communicates clearly with all members of healthcare team.
Completes duties with regard to safety practices and policies,
including infection control, workplace safety, and management of
Provision of care is consistent with EMTALA, Nurse Practice Act,
Title 22 and other applicable regulations, including patient
confidentiality and risk management.
Proficiencies in emergency responses such as resuscitation/ codes,
hazmat response, and emergency childbirth.
Proficient in the use of computers in documentation, tracking,
Teamwork with all internal and external departments and agencies
involved in the provision of care.
Medication administration and management including titrating
infusions and pediatric medications
Maintains all required licenses, certifications and professional
development/ continuing education requirements per department and
One year recent (within the last three years) experience as a
Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department
- High School Diploma/GED
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and
completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student
clinical experience; OR Graduate of registered nursing program and
either: 1) 2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of
specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3)
years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed
vocational nursing program that includes clinical student
experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as a licensed
vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three
(3) years before graduation
- or (3) currently enrolled in an accredited entry level MSN
program and has completed pre-licensure requirements to practice
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 6 months of hire
- Basic Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support within 6 months of hire
- Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice
- Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff,
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Successful completion of, or enrollment leading to successful
completion of, the KP Emergency Nursing Course with preceptorship,
or equivalent training, or equivalent experience
PrimaryLocation : California,Richmond,Richmond Hospital
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri with rotating weekends *Expected
length of employment up to 90 days
WorkingHoursStart : 08:30 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Temporary
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : A10-NNU-California Nurse's
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Department : Richmond Hospital - Med Svcs-Epidemic Vaccination -
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Richmond , Staff Nurse II Short Hour-Med Svcs-Epidemic Vaccination-8:30AM-5:00PM-Richmond Hospital, Healthcare , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!