Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health
Company: American Home Health Care
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job TypeFull-time, Part-time
Job Pay:$65 - $75 an hour$100 - $200 Per Visit
American Hospice and Home Health Services is currently seeking a
Full Time or Part Time RN to service Alameda County. Negotiable to
salary, hourly, and per visit pay rates depending on
Job description:The Registered Nurse is a professional nurse who
coordinates and directs the home care patient's care based on
individual patient needs. The RN is responsible for independent
management of the Home Health/Hospice patient population requiring
the use of advanced assessment, teaching and decision-making
skills. The nurse is responsible for ensuring that appropriate
referrals to other services are made, interdisciplinary
conferencing takes place regularly, and appropriate documentation
is completed. Relevant knowledge and experience is consistently
applied to new patient populations
Our Hospice Care Mission is to provide compassionate and quality
end of life care and grief support to patients and their families.
We provide emotional comfort to patients, families and caregivers
during the last phase of one's life.
Our Home Health Care Mission is to provide professional and
paraprofessional services to patients in their homes, assisting
them to achieve the highest level of potential in their day-to-day
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The Home Health Primary Nurse must possess excellent
communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Provides comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and
evaluation for a caseload of home care clients as the primary
- Maintains a complete record for the care that is given with the
patient. Documents in the clinical record per home health agency
policy and procedure.
- Maintains an updated clinical record on each patient at all
times, meeting required deadlines for documentation of
certification, re-certification, aide supervision reports, aide
care plan updates, routine recording of case coordination, care
plan updates, addressing progress toward goals, and verbal
- Accurately completes admission and revisit documentation,
documentation of completed communications, billing and employee
statistical information, and payroll documentation.
- Documents patient, family and caregiver teaching.Patient Care:
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to
determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment
and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as
patient status and needs change.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan
development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and
assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary
items and services are available.
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care
provided every two (2) weeks.Licenses Required:
- Current RN License in State of California
- Minimum 1 year experience as a professional nurse within the
last three years. Experience must be at least in the area of public
health, home care or hospice nursing.
- Current CPR
- Licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state/or organization requirements.This Job Is
Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working
on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent
shifts in directionEnvironment:
- Home Health
- Community based services
- Hospice at HomeWork Remotely
Keywords: American Home Health Care, Richmond , Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health, Healthcare , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!