Human Resources Generalist
Company: Wine Warehouse
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Why Wine Warehouse?
Family - Integrity - Quality
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated,
wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits. With an award
winning premium portfolio, we have something for everyone. We offer
a strong family culture, and are committed to cultivating a
positive and inclusive workplace experience. Quality, family and
integrity are the pillars of our company, and we are seeking
individuals who share these values.
Under general supervision, performs a wide range of Human Resource
functions including but not limited to recruiting, new-hire
onboarding, workers compensation, leave of absences, and general
correspondence. Responsible for the overall day to day functions of
the H.R. department in the Richmond office.The overall
responsibilities also include preparation of routine announcements
and memos. Provides assistance to the Executive Vice President and
HR team.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the
following; other related duties may be assigned or requested:
- Posts job openings both internally and externally for warehouse
and support functions.
- Screen candidates, coordinate interviews, and partners with the
Human Resources Business Partner to send out offer letters and
provide status updates to candidates.
- Partners with department managers and supervisors to recruit
and onboard temporary and seasonal workers.
- Under direct supervision, administers the use of third party
- HR Operations
- Provides basic guidance to employees and managers related to
policy, procedure, PayCom, and benefits.
- Partners with Human Resources Manager for more complex employee
- Partners with Human Resources Manager to ensure compliance in
the Richmond office, including, but not limited to, time &
attendance, poster compliance, and legal updates.
- Under direction of the Human Resources Manager, leads the
safety program for the Richmond office, including, but not limited
to, safety training, safety checklists, and ordering safety
- Partners with the Benefits Manager to collect enrollment forms
and coordinate Open Enrollment meetings for the Richmond
- Prepares and communicates company quarterly newsletters
- Partners with the Human Resources Business Partner on
- Works closely with the Human Resources Manager to support the
exiting process for employees in the Richmond office.
- Create and communicate employee movement announcements.
- Other Ad Hoc projects as assigned
- Workers Compensation
- Handles all Workers Compensation claims for the Richmond
facility in a timely manner
- Sends authorizations to the licensed clinic for employee
evaluations and reviews results daily
- Acts as main contact for employees, managers, and insurance
companies for Richmond claims
- Partners with HR Manager to train Richmond management on proper
- Leave of Absences
- Manages Leave of Absences for the Richmond office, including
being a liaison between the employee, the manager(s), payroll, and
- Accurate tracking of all Leave of Absences for the Richmond
office and staying compliant with notices and medical certification
- Manage accommodations and return to work processes for
- New Hire On-Boarding
- Partners with the recruiting team to conduct new hire
orientation and safety training for warehouse and support function
new hires in Richmond and Commerce.
- Partners with Human Resources Manager to draft and communicate
new hire announcements on a weekly basisQualifications:
- Minimum three 2-3 years' experience in Human Resources,
emphasis on HR Operations and/or recruiting preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Intermediate to Advance level in Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - flexible,
understanding, and discrete in compiling confidential and sensitive
- Command of written and spoken English.
- Proficient in writing and/or editing business
- Ability to effectively coordinate projects with a diversity of
individuals at all organizational level
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within
constantly changing prioritiesPhysical Standards:
- The employee must be able to walk, climb stairs, bend, reach,
and lift if necessary, up to 25 pounds. To successfully perform the
essential job functions, an employee must meet the physical demands
required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential
- Individual may need to sit or stand as needed. May require
walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods
throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the
waist or lift as required when filing documents or storing
materials through the work day.Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage,
401 (k) matching, and paid vacation and holidaysWine Warehouse is
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wine Warehouse is committed to providing access, equal opportunity
and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in
employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Keywords: Wine Warehouse, Richmond , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!