Technical Consultant - UPS, Risk Control
Company: Liberty Mutual Insurance
Posted on: May 4, 2022
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today
and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an
environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect.
Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace
where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding
profession.Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great
Place to Work" by Great Place to Work - US for the past several
years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work
in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many
years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's
Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for
New Graduates-as well as one of America's Best Employers for
Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and
inclusion please visit:
your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and
we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life
and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please
visit: https://LMI.co/BenefitsLiberty Mutual is an equal
opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the
basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status,
pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by
federal, state or local law.Advance your career with Liberty Mutual
Insurance - A Fortune 100 CompanyWe are searching for a Technical
Consultant to join our UPS Dedicated Team. In this role you will
work shoulder-to-shoulder with UPS Risk Management and Health &
Safety teams to identify, quantify, and reduce/eliminate risk. The
right candidate for this role will bring strong
relationship-building skills, service management skills, acute
customer focus, and a passion for quality execution as well as the
requisite technical skills and experience. Due to the dedicated
aspect of the account it requires most of each workday at various
Please Note: This position is eligible to be hired at different
levels depending on experience.Responsibilities:
- Account Service: Work with UPS Management and employees to
provide comprehensive, highly sophisticated consulting services to
assist in meeting customer key performance indicators. Including a
deep understanding of customer operations and industry exposures in
order to develop strategies to mitigate risk.
- Leadership: Having the ability to collaborate, innovate,
influence and inspire those around them to meet a common goal. This
includes mentoring and coaching, owning personal and career growth
aspirations, and becoming a leader in their field.
- Continuous Improvement: Having a growth mindset that allows for
continuous improvement of work product and service delivery in a
collaborative way that provides consistent innovation.
- Relationship Building: Ability to form and sustain
relationships at all levels of customer organization and become a
trusted influencer in order to impact business objectives.Key
Capabilities and Characteristics:
- Inquisitive thinking and problem-solving skills. Can leverage
these skills to influence change.
- Able to adapt to changing and competing priorities
demonstrating resilience and flexibility.
- Demonstrates personal energy, stamina and discretionary
- Works with a sense of urgency and handles setbacks/feedback
with a growth mindset.
- Strong collaboration skills and commitment to continuous
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with customers,
peers, and industry contacts.
- Capacity to become trusted advisor and partner with the
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Required: Bachelor's degree or equivalent with Industrial
Hygiene experience preferred.
- Required: Minimum of 5 years of directly related consulting
- Required: Proven ability in advance level research, evaluation
and analysis functions.
- Required: Proven ability to consult with, form relationships
and influence all levels of an organization.
- Required: Effective interpersonal, oral and written
communication skills to develop and maintain relationships with
customers, peers, and industry contacts. The ability influence
change within all levels of an organization, especially business
executives. A strong team orientation and commitment to continuous
- Required: Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel,
Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Preferred: Master's degree, designation(s) or certification(s):
CSP, ARM, CRM, CPCU, CIH, CPE, CIH, PE.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual Insurance, Richmond , Technical Consultant - UPS, Risk Control, IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!