Maintenance Shop Technician A
Company: Republic Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: With direct supervision from a Lead
Technician, Fleet Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, a
Maintenance Technician A performs repair and maintenance work on
diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks including, but not
limited to, chassis components; refuse bodies, including control,
hydraulic, and electrical systems; air brake systems; general
engine work; HVAC components; and suspension, drive train and
steering systems. Enjoy the benefits of working on a single fleet
with state-of-the-art equipment, supporting our drivers as they run
their routes and servicing some of the most technically advanced
vehicles on the road.
- Tackle a new challenge every day.
- Maintain and repair highly intricate and powerful
- Receive training on new technologies and equipment.
- Work a regular shift in a stable industry.
- Be recognized for exceptional performance.
- Serve your community and your customers.
- Follow strong career paths for professional growth.
- Enjoy competitive wages and benefits.
- Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your
environment, and your world.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of, and strong skill proficiency
in, the following vehicle components and systems, with the ability
to perform complex repair maintenance functions, both on-site and
on the road.
- Chassis component repair and maintenance.
- Refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic and electrical
systems; Air and hydraulic braking systems.
- Engine repair and maintenance.
- Suspension, drivetrain and steering systems.
- Heating and air conditioning systems.
- Line maintenance welding and fabrication.
- Identifies the source of the malfunctions using a variety of
- Completes applicable Company training programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy-duty
- Ability to perform inspections and repairs without supervision
in some (not all required) of the following heavy truck, or
automotive systems: Suspensions & Steering, General Engine,
Transmissions, Brakes, Electrical, Hydraulics, Drive Train, Diesel
- ASE Heavy Truck Certifications (T1-T8) are a plus but not
- LNG and/or CNG experience is a plus but not required.
- Class B or higher Commercial Driver's License is a plus but not
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Inc., Richmond , Maintenance Shop Technician A, Other , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!