You might not know our name, but you know where we are. Thats
because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and
support services company thats the 6th largest employer in the
world, with 625,000 employees.
Youll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings,
senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues,
remote camps and military installations and more. Were in all major
cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between doing
business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and
grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Restaurant Associates? Imagine joining a team
thats at the top of their game. Come to work at Restaurant
Associates and learn from the pros how to serve thousands of
visitors in some of the worlds best venues. Because of what we do,
more than 30,000 guests enjoy an unforgettable experience every
day. Learn. Grow. Serve. Its a winning combination. Join us.
- Compensation: $16.00/hr
- Status: Full-time
- Shifts: Full Time and Part-Time Opportunities Available. Must
have open availability. Must have open availability/flexible hours
(must be available to start from as early as 4:00 am). Must have r
eliable transportation. Parking will be provided.
- Location: Maple Leaf Lounge Air Canada - Richmond, BC -
Vancouver International Airport
- Food Safe Certification and Serving It Right is an asset.
Prepares food and serves customers in accordance with applicable
local standards, guidelines and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain daily production schedule and preparation requirements
from the Chef.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be
organized and easily accessible.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables,
cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces,
parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes,
sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Prep Cooks ? Were
committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Heres how well
know youll be successful in the role:
- Previous experience as a Prep cook required.
- Certificate from a recognized cooking school.
- FoodSafe Level 1 Certification.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen.
- Able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils.
- A team player with good communication skills.
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure.
- Training from a culinary school will be an asset.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse
workforce representative of the communities within which we
operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified
candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion,
sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an
accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please
contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.