Special Education Teacher - Full Time/Part Time Opportunity
Posted on: June 6, 2021
At Juvo, we are passionate about the work we do and how we serve
our students and families. We are committed to a top-talent,
inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities.
We strive to always provide exemplary educational services to meet
the needs of all students and embrace all educators who make a
positive impact every day.
Responsible for assisting districts in completing In-Person
Academic Special Education Assessments. The hours will vary as this
is part-time hourly employment with also the potential to be a
full-time position. The hours can be flexible.
- Reviews records to determine a student's baseline and present
levels prior to testing.
- Works cooperatively with parents and other professionals to
gather information and conduct observations.
- Administers formal and informal assessments.
- Maintains on-going communication and written documentation
relative to the student's progress.
- Works directly with other staff to gather information,
including standardized scores, to write an academic report for
initial, annual, or triennial IEPs.
- Attends IEPs for students who were assessed to discuss scores,
observations, and recommendations.
- Works collaboratively with the School Psychologist to discuss
the results of each assessment.
- Performs other reasonable related duties as assigned.
Requirements & Physical Demands:
- Language Skills: Have a great command of the English
- Mathematical Skills: Mastery of basic math and algebra
- Technology Skills: Able to use Excel, Word, Powerpoint,
Communication via email, and Google documents
- Reasoning Ability: Able to initiate tasks, plan, and problem
- Personal Qualities: Prompt, team player, flexible, and a great
- Flexible Transportation: Able to drive to locations assigned to
provide support and services and to professional development
- Specialized (Mild/Moderate or Moderate/Severe) California
Teaching Credential in California
- Demonstrated skill in working with students with
- Demonstrated skill in behavior management
- Knowledgeable in Instruction in all content areas
- A valid California Driver's License
- Must fulfill all requirements of employment, including
clearance of all required background records (e.g. Department of
Justice, physical examination, and drug testing)
Keywords: Juvo, Richmond , Special Education Teacher - Full Time/Part Time Opportunity, Other , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!