Sr Sofware Engineer, MTS
Company: Ametek, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Physics, Math, or Applicable Engineering
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- Experience with: Python, LabView, Microsoft .NET, ASP, SQL,
- Must possess ability to prepare project plans, cost estimates,
schedule estimates and write detailed technical reports.
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple
information systems is required.
- Strong project management experience and good interpersonal
communication skills are required.
- A solid background and understanding of traditional MRP/ERP
systems is strongly desired.
- Experience and familiarity with total quality principles and
ISO standards are highly desired.
- Must be a team player.ZYGO Corporation is a global leader in
the design and manufacture of advanced optical metrology systems
and ultra-precise optical components and assemblies. Our mission is
to enable customer success by delivering innovative precision
metrology and optical solutions. ZYGO's metrology products measure
absolute position, displacement, surface shape and texture and film
thickness. Applications for our metrology products are diverse and
include semiconductor manufacturing, precision machining and
optical manufacturing. Our optics business leverages ZYGO's
expertise in optical design and assembly and high-volume
manufacturing of precision optical components and systems for
aerospace, defense, medical and industrial applications.
ZYGO seeks a highly talented team player with strong technical
and communication skills to develop and deploy software systems
used in support of measuring and manufacturing custom extreme
precision optical components. Under general supervision with a
broad scope of responsibility, develops sound technical solutions
to complex problems using strong analytical skills. Recommends and
enacts changes, additions, and modifications which will facilitate
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn, monitor and maintain past and present software
- Identify, plan and implement multiple concurrent software
engineering projects while ensuring their success in meeting their
respective objectives and deadlines
- Drive excellence and continuous improvement
- Strategize and help architect future-state technology
- Add visibility to background software systems via documentation
and periodic upper management reviews
- Understand manufacturing and metrology team's needs and propose
system upgrades/solutions to improve workflow efficiency
- Support automated data compilation and implementation of
statistical process controls
- Develop the change management process for designing, developing
and deploying existing as well as new software modules
- Advise/recommend software and hardware architecture schema
- Evaluate emerging software tools and technology and incorporate
them into the ZYGO infrastructure as appropriate
- May conceive and plan projects involving definition and
selection of new approaches and concepts in analysis, processing
- May provide work leadership and training to staff.
Keywords: Ametek, Inc., Richmond , Sr Sofware Engineer, MTS, Other , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!