Sr. Site Specialist
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Unity(tm) Lab Services is a business segment that supports the
Customer Channels Group, which provides critical outsourced on-site
services at customer locations.
This position is in Richmond, CA.
What will you do?
Independently performs, verifies, and provides feedback on
complex and varied services (registration, delivery, pick-up, and
tracking of hazardous materials) for a varied client base. Duties
- Reviewing, creating, and maintaining of company data log
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices,
SOPs & work instructions. Take direction from Site
Supervisor/Manager regarding daily duties
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential
- Ordering of stockroom supplies
- Sort and categorize materials
- Providing customer support to clients
- Performing Area Audits of cross-functional areas within
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Receive and barcode Chemicals
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the
interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at
the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining
a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use handheld scanners and
learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office
suite of software.
- Have demonstrated initiative in previous work experience.
- Expanded tactical thinking that considers the impact on the
- Show concern for well-being & success of others.
- Must possess a high level of communication skills to provide
guidance to others in performing the work, to effectively present
information and respond to questions or customer service requests
and interact with various levels of the customer's
- Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective action and
preventive customer service.
- Must be organized and detail oriented to be able to prioritize
own and other's work and meet business productivity metrics.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills
in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues
- Listen to customer concerns, effectively diffuse
dissatisfaction, and quickly identify course of action with first
call resolution within established turnaround times
- Attend required training sessions
- Participate in projects and perform all other duties as
How will you get here?
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customers and
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Four-I values
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Adapt to flexible and changing schedule in short notice
- Ability to self-manage and operate independently
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power
- Display high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrate sense of urgency
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to
include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks,
stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
- May be required to work independently at customer location
- Extensive walking may be required
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in
use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc.)
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently;
may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push
carts, hand trucks, and pallet jacks
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment
may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask,
hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Richmond , Sr. Site Specialist, Other , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!