Who We Are:
At Planet Fitness, our mission has always been to enhance
people's lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a
welcoming, judgement free environment. We are proud to be one of
the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of
fitness centers in the United States with over 2,000 clubs and
Joining the PF family means being part of a company that is
based on an established culture and strong set of values. It is
being a part of a supportive, engaging team that cares about
bettering the health and wellbeing of the community in an
environment where everyone feels like they belong. It is having fun
at work while creating member experiences that consistently exceed
their expectations. It means being part of a brand that you can be
Who You Are:
All of our Team Members at Planet Fitness share one thing in
common - a passion for our amazing brand and a desire to make our
members feel welcome in our Judgement Free Zone
Characteristics that will make you a perfect match for our Club
- Are approachable and thrive on connecting with people.
- Have a passion for creating and leading in a people centric
- Demonstrate initiative and self awareness.
- Handle all interactions with diplomacy, managing conflict with
- Are comfortable setting clear direction and following up
- Can quickly adapt your communication style to the
- Enjoy managing multiple priorities at once and following
through to completion.
- Enjoy coaching and leading others to success.
- Are an ambassador for the Planet Fitness brand and always act
with members in mind.
- Act with integrity and sow respect to everyone around you; act
as a role model.
About the Club Manager Role:
As our Club Manager, you are responsible for the oversight of
all club operations to ensure an exceptional "Judgement Free"
member experience! You will be accountable for creating a work
environment that supports the culture of the organization and
drives member engagement. As the Club Manager, you will be
selecting, developing and leading the team to drive the success of
club priorities and KPI goals. Your ability to coach and connect is
critical to driving an exceptional member experience through a
consistent and outstanding team member experience.
These responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and execute hiring practices and onboarding new team
- Create staff schedules; ensuring all shifts are covered.
Provide back up support as needed.
- Administer and process employee timecards in ADP.
- Manage the company card for expenditures, maintaining
- Conduct bank deposits.
- Oversee the ordering of club supplies and retail product.
- Trend Key Performance Indicators. Identify the root cause and
execute a game plan for improvement.
- Ensure team is aware of marketing efforts and trained on all
- Assess and assist in emergency situations.
- Set assigned tasks and lead team members in a safe and
- Model the behaviors to provide an outstanding member
experience; coach and inspire others to do the same.
- Manage team member performance; providing feedback to team
- Resolve employee concerns; partnering with HR as needed.
- Submit all employee changes (status, schedule, pay etc.) in a
Daily responsibilities for the Club Manager also include:
- Greet members/guests as they enter and exit the club; assisting
them with any questions or concerns as they check in.
- Help to promote our Judgement Free Zone by connecting with
members on the club floor, offering assistance and showing support
in their fitness journeys while upholding club policies.
- Resolve escalated member concerns and partner with Regional
Manager when needed.
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with
- Perform membership related functions such as sign-ups,
contact/billing information updates, cancellations, collecting
unpaid balances and transferring memberships.
- Perform prospective member calls and tours, assessing their
- Execute retail transactions with accuracy and drive sales
- Oversee regular, consistent cleaning and sanitizing of all
exercise equipment and Black Card spa amenities. This includes
communal spaces as well as your assigned area.
- Ensure restrooms are clean and sanitized, stocked and clutter
free by following the routine cleaning schedule.
- Frequently perform a comprehensive walk of all club areas;
quickly fix any safety/policy issues and address cleanliness
- Promptly address maintenance and facility concerns such as
broken and/or missing equipment (i.e., Dispensers, leaky faucets,
fixtures etc.) through communication with the Facilities
- Create cleaning and sanitizing assignments for team members and
follow up on quality and completion of the work.
About Your Qualifications:
- 6-12 months of experience in a customer service environment is
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to pass a background check
- Willing to become CPR/AED Certified (Training provided by
- Basic computer proficiency
Physical Demands of the Club Manager:
- Continual standing and moving throughout the club to accomplish
tasks during shift.
- Continual communicating in person or on the phone to exchange
information during shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Will encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and
- Moving self in different positions, including bending and
twisting, to accomplish tasks.
More reasons to join Planet Fitness!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vacation/Sick Time/Holiday Pay
- Free Black Card Membership
- 401(K) and Roth Retirement Savings Plan
- Term Life Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee perks and discounts
- Engaging team-building competitions and social events
Health and Safety Requirements: Every team member is responsible
for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Team members are
expected to be active participants in health and safety by
following all applicable policies and protocols, reporting unsafe
conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work
in a safe manner.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee
and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither
dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees
or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to
control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or
their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring
compliance with local, state and federal law.