Company: PRIDE Industries
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Under close supervision, performs general custodial services in
customer locations or other assigned area(s), including cleaning
and detailing conference rooms, offices, cafeteria, courthouses,
classrooms, government facilities and common areas. Employees in
this job class use proper materials and methods to assure
facilities are clean and free of safety hazards. This job class
requires knowledge of custodial practices, equipment, supplies and
procedures, and the ability to perform quality work in a safe
manner. -TYPICAL DUTIES:
1. * Performs cleaning services using proper equipment and
supplies, and follows procedures for safe
use and operation.
2. * Cleans facilities, restrooms, common areas, cafeterias.
3. * Removes trash, replaces plastic trash bags.
4. * Dusts and polishes equipment, furniture, or fixtures.
5. * Cleans tables and microwaves.
6. * Vacuums carpets, sweeps, mops, and deodorizes floors.
7. * Cleans walls, arranges furniture, and cleans window
8. * Uses correct chemicals on all surfaces, fills all
9. * Maintains quality of work and customer satisfaction. Responds
to customer requests according to
established procedures, or refers to supervisor.
10. * Cleans spills promptly.
11. * Cleans and maintains custodial equipment to ensure proper
operation and safe condition.
12. May wax and buff floors on a regular basis.
13. May operate equipment such as a cardboard bailer.
14. May monitor inventory and supply areas.
15. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
*Denotes Essential Job Function -MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
0 to 1 year of work experience, preferably in custodial
Ability to follow instructions on labels for proper and safe use of
chemicals, supplies and equipment;
Ability to follow structured process and procedures, and to learn
to use specialized departmental
equipment, including that used in custodial services such as
scrubbers and buffers;
Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and
requests from customers and
others; including ability to identify and report product and
Human relations skills to build effective working
Availability to work evenings; flexibility of schedule changes,
work duration and task assignments;
Ability to manage and accurately track material resources and time,
and adapt to changing work
Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and common sense
skills. -EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Not Applicable -CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED: The following
licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state
and/or contract requirements:
Not Applicable -PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical
demands for extended periods of
time with or without assistance: Maneuvering in and around the
Standing and walking
Bending, kneeling, reaching, and stooping
Lifting boxes or equipment weighing up to 35 pounds, and up to 50
Pushing or pulling objects such as vacuums, carts, mops, etc.
May be required to push/pull equipment weighing up to 70 pounds
Grasping both small & large objects
Climbing ladders and/or step stools -WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is performed in an office environment, or at a customers
location, such as a commissary environment, a federal courthouse,
or a military base. Employees may be exposed to toxic chemicals,
noise from equipment in maintenance environment, and depending on
indoor and outdoor conditions, exposure to cold or heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this
job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisors
instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Background check
- Drug screeningPreferred qualifications:
- Reliable transportation to and from work
Keywords: PRIDE Industries, Richmond , Janitor, Other , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!