Chemical Process Operator
Company: Nelson Connects
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Work as an integral part of the production team for this large
and reputable biotech company. In this role, you will be
responsible for processing and mixing chemicals used in the
production of life science products that will help advance
scientific discovery and improve healthcare. The ideal candidate is
attentive, reliable, a good team player, and takes pride in the
quality of their work. No direct experience is required and
training is provided! An exciting way to start your career in
- Weighs, measures, prepares and mixes materials to make stock
solutions and/or products per work instructions/batch
- Calculates the amount of material required per work
- Collects samples and performs inline testing of product,
resoles any pH and conductivity issues identified.
- Performs spiking of solutions, adjusts the ratio of materials
- Maintains timely and accurate records of the production
- Labels the prepared solutions and buffers.
- Communicates inventory, planning, and quality issues to
supervisor or appropriate department partner.
- Safely disposes of materials and chemical/biologicals.
- Performs basic troubleshooting and repair of equipment,
escalating to maintenance, as required.
- Performs transactions in SAP such as goods issued, goods
receipt, tracks and records labor hours, inventory transfers, and
- Reviews and recommends revisions to work instructions and
- Recommends process improvements.
- Ensures labs are kept clean and up to 5S standards.
- Identifies and reports potential safety issues.
- Decontaminates, prepares and isolates equipment for
- Ensures chemicals are disposed of properly.
- High school diploma required. -
- Associate's degree with chemical/biological background or
Chemical/biological Processing certification preferred.
- 0-3 years of production experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office tools-Excel and
- Knowledge of ERP systems, SAP a plus.
- Solid Math skills with the ability to convert units of measure
and calculate ratios.
- Ability to speak, read and write using business communication
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Detail oriented.
- Basic analytical skills. If you're looking for a new
opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects
can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes in
California and beyond. We help people like you find exciting roles
with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit
organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most
agile start-ups. Using our personalized approach, commitment to
transparency, and superior service, we collaborate closely with
every candidate so you can achieve your version of success. Contact
us today to get started. Our purpose is your success! Nelson
Connects is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National
Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age,
Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service
in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by
law. PandoLogic. Keywords: Process Technician, Location: Richmond,
CA - 94850
Keywords: Nelson Connects, Richmond , Chemical Process Operator, Other , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!