Solid Fuels Inspector - Richmond, CA
Company: Bureau Veritas
Posted on: November 22, 2022
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities
with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to
play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy
working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity
to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to
apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we
recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job
classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status,
sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any
other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in
employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis
of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions,
training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel
Bureau Veritas is a world-leading provider in testing, inspection
and certification. Created in 1828, the Group has more than 78,000
employees located in more than 1,500 offices and laboratories
around the globe. Bureau Veritas helps its clients to improve their
performance by offering services and innovative solutions in order
to ensure that their assets, products, infrastructure and processes
meet standards and regulations in terms of quality, health and
safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
Bureau Veritas is listed on Euronext Paris and belongs to the Next
Compartment A, ISIN code FR 0006174348, stock symbol: BVI.
To carry out and/or supervise the inspection, weighing and sampling
of various commodities to pre-defined standards, using appropriate
* Attend at various locations to carry out and/or supervise the
inspection, weighing and sampling of various commodities as
directed by the Operations Supervisor.
* Represent Bureau Veritas as well as the contracting client in a
* Carry out inspections/verification of materials and products by
both visual and mechanical methods as directed.
* Adhere and conform to internal safety & IT practices.
* Sample and/or supervise the sampling of suitable, representative
analytical samples from the nominated materials.
* Sign for and take possession of (or despatch as directed) any
samples on behalf of Bureau Veritas.
* Produce time logs on all activities to an acceptable professional
standard and within 24 hours of sampling/inspection.
* Carry out associated duties relevant to the Metals & Minerals
Division of Bureau Veritas as directed by Business Unit
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
* Must be flexible with working times and duration. Weekend and
evening working (due to the nature of our business) is
* Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the relevant
company standards and policies - including Health, Safety and
Environmental policies; Ethics; Compliance and the Company's
accreditation and quality systems.
* Ensure that all site work is carried out in accordance with local
site rules and appropriate risk management procedures.
* Ensure that personal protective equipment and other equipment is
used as required and is well maintained at all times.
* To represent and promote the name of Bureau Veritas International
Ltd by acting in a responsible and professional manner at all
* Ensure the supervisor is kept fully informed of all aspects of
* Immediately report to supervisor any deviation or failure in the
work being carried out (or supervised) at any site to protect the
interests of Bureau Veritas and its clients.
* Maintain current, valid Driver's License.
* To support the coordination in the efficient running of the
* Self-motivated, self-starter that enjoys being in the field
* Good time management, organization and prioritization skills.
* Ability to work in remote locations and adapt to problems as
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
* Good written, verbal and email communication skills. Able to
communicate effectively with clients and staff at all levels within
* Proficient with Microsoft applications, specifically Outlook,
Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Proven ability to balance multiple competing priorities, meeting
deadlines & be responsive
* Willingness to learn and to rapidly adapt to changing
* Able to prepare documents and spreadsheets to a high level using
MS Office software.
* Demonstrate technical ability in sampling, measurement and
inspection of commodities covered by BV.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid driver's license
required; Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
* The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands, and arms; and climb
* The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl; talk and hear; and taste and smell.
* The employee is occasionally required to sit.
* Employee is frequently required to climb and descend stairways,
ladders, and gangways.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move and/or climb with up
to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to
assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment
opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and
application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with
your request to NorthAmericaTA@bureauveritas.com.
We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau
Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas'
federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity,
please click the link below:
Keywords: Bureau Veritas, Richmond , Solid Fuels Inspector - Richmond, CA, Other , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!