SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR
Company: GEO Reentry Services
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Facility: CONTRA COSTA CA - CDCRPay: $30.00 hr.Bonus (if
applicable): $2500 sign on bonusShift: Benefits: Employees working
a normal work week (30 hours or more) will enjoy a competitive
benefits package for an energized workforce with options for you
and your family including:--- Paid time off --- Paid holidays ---
401(k) --- 401(k) matching --- Health Insurance --- Dental
Insurance--- Vision Insurance --- Life Insurance --- Flexible
spending account--- Health savings account --- Tuition
Reimbursement --- Reduced tuition rates--- Employee discount ---
Employee assistance program --- Pet insurance--- Disability
Insurance --- Paid training --- Other benefits available Equal
Opportunity Employer.Now Hiring with a $2500 Sign On BonusPayable
in quarterly installmentsAre you looking for a career you can feel
good about? We hire only those that strive to do their best. By
joining our family, you'll receive the honor and recognition that
comes with working for the industry's global leader in evidenced
based rehabilitation.Who We Are:GEO provides complementary, turnkey
solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a
spectrum of diversified correctional and community reentry
services. From the development of state-of-the-art facilities and
the provision of management services and evidence-based
rehabilitation to the post-release reintegration and supervision of
individuals in the community, GEO offers fully diversified,
cost-effective services that deliver enhanced quality and improved
outcomes.Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the
inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are
integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It
is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO
Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three
pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial.
With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that
you will find all the resources you need here to be
successful.SummaryThis position assists in developing, organizing,
and conducting programs to provide education for conditions and
problems relating to drug and alcohol abuse. Conducts or assists in
conducting individual or group counseling sessions and programs.
Learns, uses and models principles of the "What Works" system
through evidence-based practices in all interactions with clients
and other staff members.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates substance abuse program at an office or group of
offices using principles of the "What Works" system. Schedules
intakes, and group and individual sessions. Discusses specific
cases with case managers to determine if they are appropriate for
substance abuse treatment. May assist with the assignment of
- Facilitates psycho-educational/behavior modification groups
using principles of the "What Works" system. Documents
participants' attendance, participation and progress in Company
- Conducts risk/need assessments and creates individual treatment
plans for each assigned participants'. Meets regularly with
participants' and documents participants' progress or regress in
- Establishes and maintains relationships with outside referral
sources, such as in-patient substance abuse facilities or detox
facilities. Actively pursues and develops referrals from probation
and evaluating agencies.
- Identifies problem areas that may impact participants' ability
to successfully complete treatment. Guides participants' to develop
strategies to overcome obstacles to success completion of
- May advise Customer of participants' progress regularly or at
completion of treatment.
- Collects participants' fees for program participation. Tracks
fee collection for office or group of offices.
- Ensures that participants' records are accurately completed in
a timely manner.
- May maintain a specific substance abuse treatment case file for
every program participant.
- Selects and recommends new instructional materials and programs
for use in the substance abuse program.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in the field of
- Maintains a collegian relationship with other substance abuse
professionals, programs, and associations.
- Participates in related training for substance abuse.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Keywords: GEO Reentry Services, Richmond , SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR, Other , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!