Security Officer - Full Time
Company: Allied Universal
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Allied Universal, North America's leading security and facility
services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense
of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive
workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that
will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer
medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401(k),
employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for
most full-time positions!Location: Fairfield, CASchedule: Full
Time1 Year Experience RequiredPerks: Competitive Pay, Weekly and
Daily Pay, Growth Opportunities, and Benefits PackagePay: $22.00
hourThis position is responsible for the safety and security of the
facilities they protect. Our Critical Facility Officers allow us to
accomplish our company's core purpose which is "to service, secure
and care for the people and businesses in our communities."
Critical Facility Security Officers act as a visible deterrent to
crime and client rule infractions; they detect and report
suspicious, unsafe or criminal acts at or near their assigned posts
which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests or employees
at the site.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the facility is provided with high quality security
services to protect people and property.
- Maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective
equipment, restraint devices and weapons.
- Report safety concern, security breaches and unusual
circumstances both verbally and in writing.
- Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations and directives
for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors and premises.
- Monitors closed circuit television systems and alarms; Reports
safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both
verbally and in writing.
- Maintains awareness and familiarity with the site-specific
operations performance manual and post orders.
- Meets and continues to meet any applicable state, county and
municipal licensing and permit requirements for Armed Security
Officers and specific protective device and weapons
- Build, improve, and maintain effective relationships with both
client employees and guests.
- Answer questions and assist guests and employees; Answer phones
or greet guests/ employees in a professional, welcoming
- Patrols the facility on foot or in a vehicle.
- Could be required to work for multiple clients at multiple
locations; covering special projects, call offs, vacations and open
- High school diploma or equivalent required; at least 21 years
- Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws
and regulations and may be required prior to employment
- Be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the
state for which you are applying, maintain current active status of
all required License at all times, and must carry the License at
all times while on duty. We provide free training for any hires who
do not possess a card/license.
- Current state driver's license, clean driving record (no points
in prior 3 years), minimum level of insurance as required by
Company policy, and ability to safely operate a vehicle
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully
complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment
drug/alcohol test and may be required to pass a Driver's Record
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability
to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple
competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the
client site, calmly and efficiently.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent
judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain
correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence.
Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication and
interpersonal skills. Ability to successfully interact at all
levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and
effective manner, including with clients
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative
wireless technology at client specific sites.
- Highly organized and ability to follow procedures concisely and
consistently; high level of compliance and unwavering integrity to
oversee and ensure policies are enforced in a self-directed
- Must be able to frequently prepare reports and read and
understand all operating procedures and
instructions.PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to
stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person
and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read
computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands
and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may
occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. May be required to
climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level
required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers,
view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor
conditions such as cold, rain or heat
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment,
with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a
calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively
manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage
them to perform at optimum levels.
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.PPO
#14417Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information,
disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association
with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic
protected by law. For more information: www.aus.comIf you have any
questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative
Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online
system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an
accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment
process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To
find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.
Keywords: Allied Universal, Richmond , Security Officer - Full Time, Other , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...