Radiologic Technologist II
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Organization:MPHS-Mills-Peninsula Medical CenterPosition
Overview:Competently performs routine and specialized radiology
procedures to produce quality images to physicians and other health
care providers for the diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and
prevention of injury or disease. Works independently, exercising
sound judgment, and developed clinical skills to execute safe and
precise procedures to deliver accurate results in a timely manner.
Gains confidence and cooperation from the patient, their
family/support group, and other healthcare providers through
competent patient assessment, attentive monitoring, and effective
communication. Adheres to all local/state/federal regulations,
codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and safety while
delivering optimal patient care. May also be responsible for
performing specific procedures and/or may help orient other staff
to the department.Job Description:
- Performs a variety of diagnostic radiographic
- Operates complex stationary and mobile diagnostic
- Ensures that routine and priority tasks are completed within
established departmental time frames.
- Prepares for and assists physicians in a variety of
radiological diagnostic and/or guidance imaging during invasive
- Explain and educate the patient on the procedure, medications
or contrast media, and associated biological effects in a clear and
professional manner to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Mentors and fosters a constructive environment that helps
students and new technologists build confidence in their skills,
knowledge, and abilities.CLERICAL:
- Performs general clerical tasks, such as answering phones,
updating patient appointments, retrieving, entering, and revising
patient electronic health records (EHR); or updating the laboratory
information system (LIS) and radiology information systems
- Prepares and completes accurate documentation related to
patients, procedures (including screening and written consent
forms), and exam charges.
- Inventories and orders accessories and supplies periodically to
maintain established stock levels.SAFETY:
- Implements protection devices and safety standards to minimize
radiation exposure (as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA)) to
self, staff and patients.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and safe working environment,
including cleaning and disinfecting equipment after each
- Inspects and calibrates equipment accordingly for proper
operation and records the quality control (QC) results, reporting
any malfunctions to the supervisor.COMPLIANCE:
- Maintains strictest confidence of all patient-protected health
information (PHI) and protects all PHI from accidental,
intentional, or inappropriate disclosure.
- Performs quality radiographic examinations in compliance with
department standards, policies, and procedures, as well as local,
state, and federal regulatory agencies to deliver the highest level
of patient privacy and care.
- Prepares, administers, and documents medications and contrast
media in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Retains certification and completes mandated continuing
education requirements to meet facility and regulatory agencies'
accreditation and licensure requirements.EDUCATION:
- Other: Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technologist
ProgramCERTIFICATION & LICENSURE:
- CRT-Certified Radiologic Technologist Upon Hire.
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider Upon Hire.
- RHF-Radiology Fluoroscopy within 180 Days of hire if required
at the affiliateTYPICAL EXPERIENCE:
- Two years recent relevant experienceSKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- General knowledge of diagnostic radiology principles,
procedures, views, and equipment, including some experience
responding to traumas and various hospital emergencies.
- Capable of performing routine radiographic examinations as well
as a basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology,
and medical terminology.
- Possess written and verbal communication skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills,
including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within
standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve
objectives and meet deadlines.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and related information
systems (Radiology (RIS), laboratory (LIS), electronic health
records (EHR), EPIC, and picture archive and communication system
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies,
procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including
accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with
- Identify, evaluate, and resolve standard problems by selecting
appropriate solutions from established options.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient's protected health
- Build collaborative relationships with peers and other
healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate
objectives.SIGN ON BONUS: $10,000. Available to external candidates
in accordance with the Sutter Health policy.PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND
REQUIREMENTS:See required physical demands, mental components,
visual activities & working conditions at the following link: Job
Shift:DaysSchedule:Full TimeShift Hours:8Days of the Week:Monday -
Hours:40Employee Status:RegularNumber of Openings:1Sutter Health is
an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Pay Range
is $59.03 to $73.78 / hourThe salary range for this role may vary
above or below the posted range as determined by location. This
range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic
differential applicable by area where the position may be filled.
Compensation takes into account several factors including but not
limited to a candidate's experience, education, skills, licensure
and certifications, department equity, training and organizational
needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program
offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a
comprehensive benefits package. Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Days
Keywords: Sutter Health, Richmond , Radiologic Technologist II, Other , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!