Sr Designer - Outerwear
Company: Columbia Sportswear
Posted on: November 15, 2023
CALLING THOSE WHO LIKE TO GO A LITTLE OFF ROUTE... When our
founders established the Bay as our base back in 1993, Mountain
Hardwear was destined for a life of play. They wanted to make
equipment and apparel that climbers and mountaineers could depend
on-but they wanted to have fun doing it, too. We bring the same
stoke we have in the mountains to the drawing board. We express our
brand through climbing, but more importantly, through the culture
that we as climbers, riders, artists, innovators, movers,
shakers-(insert yourthinghere) create. Today, Mountain Hardwear is
seeking a Senior Designer. You're already one of us. So why not
just become one of us? ABOUT THE POSITION Mountain Hardwear is
seeking a Senior Designer to provide leadership and creative
direction to our Women's Outerwear category. This person will work
closely with the Product Creation Team to design products on a
worldwide basis, initiate new product concepts to meet the needs of
our consumers, and manage the design team in addressing
modifications on carryover products. HOWYOU'LLMAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Lead the design team with a focus on continuously providing
innovative, best in class product design solutions.
- Provides best in class design packages which include sketches,
illustrations of construction details, and multiple product
- Provides leadership to the design team through mentoring,
coaching, and championing innovation in products and
- Uses market research, industry experience, knowledge of the
Mountain Hardwear consumer, and brand positioning, to provide a
honed product feedback filter across the product division.
- Provides design/concept boards to communicate design and color
- Presents category products and design/merchandising information
during key meetings and line presentations.
- Participates in the prototype process for assigned category(s).
Includes initiating sample requests by working closely with the
Associate Designer and Product Developer(s), reviewing samples, and
directing revisions as needed throughout the development
- Attends fit sessions and categorical team meetings as needed to
facilitate process, revisions, and finalization of products.
- Works closely with cross-functional teams such as Materials
Research to define new materials to research and source, Product
Graphics to communicate seasonal product themes and identify
product graphic needs per style, and Sourcing to create styles that
hit target costs, and trims developer to propose trims, graphic
applications, prints and/or patterns (if applicable), and label
designs. YOU ARE
- Passionate about the outdoors, camping, hiking, and
- Knowledgeable about apparel design.
- Excited about creativity, collaboration, and exploration.
- Proactive with strong attention to detail and work ethic.
- A Bachelor's degree in Fashion, Industrial Design or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years garment design/development experience in the apparel
industry with progressively responsible experience for category
creativity, development, and design.
- Experience in Women's category preferred
- Strong ability to sketch and quickly communicate ideas in a
- Experience successfully leading a design team and/or providing
the creative vision for a product category.
- Proficiency with computer design software such as Adobe
Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, etc.
- 3D CAD experience and proficiency is a plus.
- Soft goods design sensibility and knowledge of fabric and
textiles. Salary Range: $111,700 - $186,700 Annual **Pay decisions
are determined by multiple factors, including what the market is
paying, a candidate's capabilities and skills, years of experience,
and internal equity. Work Model: This person will be expected to
come onsite 2-3 days a week and on an as needed basis. #LI-HS1
#LI-Hybrid #Mountainhardwear Our purpose is to build essential gear
for climbers, mountaineers, and outdoor athletes. Mountain Hardwear
expedition tents have summited more of the world's highest peaks
than any other brand. This level of technical precision inspires
everything we do. Every stitch deliberate, every angle precise,
every fabric tested, so that function and comfort are built with
intent. Over and over. Mountain Hardwear, Inc., founded in 1993 and
based in Richmond, CA, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Columbia
Sportswear Company and distributes its products through specialty
outdoor retailers in the United States and 34 countries worldwide.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of
duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition
of the position's scope and function in the company. Columbia
Sportswear is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, and other legally protected characteristics. The Know Your
Rights poster is available here: https://www.eeoc.gov/poster The
pay transparency policy is available here:
Columbia Sportswear is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you
need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any
part of the employment process, please notify your recruiter.
Keywords: Columbia Sportswear, Richmond , Sr Designer - Outerwear, Other , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!