Company: Mommy's Bliss
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Job PurposeThe Quality Control Specialist will provide support
to ensure finished product released for distribution meets safety
and quality standards.--The position is responsible for accurate
documentation and upholding business procedures to ensure
regulatory compliance and company certifications. This role
supports the company operations to ensure final product meets
internal specification and retailer requirements and performs tasks
as necessary to meet shipment deadlines. The Quality Control
Specialist will attend meetings as required. This position requires
40 hours per week in our Pt. Richmond warehouse.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Quality Control Specialist will
support the release and distribution of dietary supplements, OTCs
and cosmetic items by inspecting product and packaging to ensure
conformance to specification. The Quality Control Specialist is
responsible for understanding and upholding business process flow
and regulatory compliance from raw materials and components to
finished product and how that impacts internal business operations.
In addition, the quality systems, standards, and priorities set by
our company, FDA and other regulatory entities must be understood
and upheld by the Quality Control Specialist. This position reports
into the R&D and QA/QC department with direct reporting into
the Quality Control Manager.
- Print inspection paperwork for each lot of product being
- Inspect incoming finished products/components and verify
conformance to product specifications, including organoleptic
evaluation. Report discrepancies to Quality Control Manager as
- Verify product counts and review truck inspection documents and
purchase receipts for accuracy.
- Generate pallet tags and tag pallets for release.
- Send communication e-mail to warehouse and inventory planners
regarding product status.
- Place non-conforming product on QC HOLD per standard
- Log and store finished product retains.
- Re-stock extra product samples on to the sampling rack. Track
inventory of extra QC samples.
- Assist with filing finish product release paperwork and truck
- Inspect and support in-house rework projects and verify
conformance to product specifications.
- Verify data for new item set-ups as needed.
- Facilitate the shipment of call tags to consumer for product
- Log product returns and maintain returns area.
- Provide case label templates to warehouse as needed.
- Coordinate to send samples out for annual lab testing.
- Pull retain samples as needed to support consumer complaints
- Assist and support the review of COA from manufacturers to
ensure all chemical and biological specifications are met
- Communicate quality related issues to Quality, Operations and
suppliers, as necessary.
- Create and update inspection forms and product specifications
as needed; review supplier specifications when necessary.
- Support filing of approved artwork and proofs.
- Review and file outbound truck inspection logs and weekly
warehouse cleaning logs.
- Perform other job functions as required.
- Associate level degree required
- 2-3 years of experience in warehousing, manufacturing or
quality assurance preferred.
- Strong communications (both orally and written) and
- Must have excellent attention to detail and have the ability to
multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstration of strong work ethics (punctual, dependable)
- Computer skills needed including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel,
Keywords: Mommy's Bliss, Richmond , Quality Specialist, Professions , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!