Company: Aziyo Biologics, Inc.
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Company Background: Aziyo Biologics, Inc. is a commercial-stage
regenerative medicine company focused on creating the next
generation of differentiated products and improving outcomes in
patients undergoing surgery, concentrating on patients receiving
implantable medical devices. Since its founding in 2015, the
Company has created a portfolio of commercial-stage products used
in cardiovascular, orthopedic, and reconstructive specialties.
Position Overview The Production Technician is responsible for
hands-on execution of a variety of activities in the Aziyo
manufacturing area, which encompasses aseptic processing and
packaging of tissue products for transplantation. The position is
physically demanding and requires the use of sharp instruments
including a band saw. All duties shall be performed in compliance
with Good Tissue Practices (GTPs), American Association of Tissue
Banks Standards, and Aziyo Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Several positions are available in the following departments:
Production, Staging & Labeling and Lab Support. Position reports to
Manager, Production. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow batch production records (BPRs) and SOPs for solution
preparation, washing and dissection of tissues, as well as cutting,
packaging, labeling and preservation of product.
- Compliant documentation of all operations in BPRs, forms,
logbooks, and other controlled documents.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and other documentation as
applicable to the scope of operations in the manufacturing
- Contributes new ideas or techniques which may result in better
service or improved quality of Aziyo products and processes.
- Prepare and submit samples for microbiological and other
- Operates bandsaws, grinders, heat sealers, laminar flow hoods,
and other equipment for processing as required.
- Comfortable working with human tissue and understands and is
willing to practice Universal Precautions.
- Responsible for storage and tracking of product and materials
to proper locations by scanning and updating logs.
- Performs special projects, single tasks or other related work
- Responsible for following guidelines for safe working
environment and report unsafe conditions to supervisor. Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Experience and Skills
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Experience with aseptic technique and working in controlled
- Familiarity with good documentation practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong PC and data entry skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment, while
maintaining cooperative working relationships.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication, critical thinking,
basic arithmetic, and proper business etiquette skills.
- Must be willing and able to work with potentially biohazardous
materials, including cadaveric human tissue.
- Ability to work in a cleanroom environment with proper gowning
attire. Physical Requirements
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- Some operations require bending, standing long hours, pushing
and/or pulling objects to a machine or/on a cart. We are an equal
opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity
in our workforce - M/F/D/V
Keywords: Aziyo Biologics, Inc., Richmond , Production Technician, Professions , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!