Production Supervisor II
Company: Bio-Rad Laboratories
Posted on: January 25, 2023
This position will be the second shift supervisor the Bulk Resin
and Buffer Production departments with 12+ operators.How You'll
Make An Impact:
- Handling assigned role independently and with a minimum of
- Supervises production according to established
- Schedules, assigns, and manages the activities of team
- Conducts performance reviews.
- Hires and trains staff as needed.
- Ensures customer service level, cost and quality, efficiency
- Participates in Change Control meetings.
- Troubleshoots production issues.
- Monitors processes and makes adjustments to stay within
schedule, budgets, and established targets.
- Identifies and implements cost and quality improvement and
- Coordinates with other teams on procedures and improvement
- Provides skilled technical guidance for production issues and
addresses any customer concerns.
- Provides product leadership by assessing results through
finished product release.
- Develops strategy to meet business goals and schedules
according to plan.
- Assists with establishing annual budgets, and track and control
expensed against budget established.
- Perform production related SAP transactions and evaluates
recipes and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Called upon to lead special project teams.
What You Bring:
- Bachelors' degree in an engineering, chemistry and/or biology
or related field or 5+ years of supervisory experience.
- Prefer 3+ years chemical manufacturing experience, preferably
in a regulated environment.
- Prefer knowledge of compliance issues, e.g. GMP, ISO, BAAQMD,
OSHA, CUPA, etc. and equipment system, like reactors.
- Desired- knowledge of polymer manufacturing, hazardous
materials handling and advanced knowledge of unit operations,
equipment, controls and instrumentation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Relevant certifications or training a plus.
- Strong computer skills. Excellent written and verbal
- Thorough understanding of quality systems as they relate to
Vaccination Requirement:Ability and consent to upload proof of
completed Covid-19 vaccination into our secure database within 3
days of start date.Total Rewards Package: At Bio-Rad, we're
empowered by our purpose and recognize that our employees are as
well. That's why we offer a competitive and comprehensive Total
Rewards Program that provides value, quality, and inclusivity while
satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Bio-Rad's
robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and
wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various
stages of an employee's work and life cycle.Benefits: We're proud
to offer a variety of options, including competitive medical plans
for you and your family, free HSA funds, a new fertility offering
with stipend, group life and disability, paid parental leave, 401k
plus profit sharing, an employee stock purchase program, a new
upgraded and streamlined mental health platform, extensive learning
and development opportunities, education benefits, student debt
relief program, pet insurance.Compensation: The estimated base
salary range for this position is $80,000 to $110,000 at the time
of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the
time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we
believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including
geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and
other job permitted factors. This position is eligible for a
variable annual bonus, which is dependent upon achievement of your
individual objectives and Company performance.Who We Are: For 70
years, Bio-Rad has focused on advancing the discovery process and
transforming the fields of science and healthcare. As one of the
top five life science companies, we are a global leader in
developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of
high-quality research and clinical diagnostic products. We help
people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. Recently voted a
Best Place to Work, Bio-Rad offers a unique employee experience
with collaborative teams that span the globe. Here, you are
supported by leadership to build your career and are empowered to
drive change that makes an impact you can see.EEO Statement:
Bio-Rad is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer, and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds. Veterans,
people with disabilities, and people of all races, ethnicities,
genders, ages, and orientations are encouraged to apply.Agency
Non-Solicitation:Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the
agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative.
Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad
will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Bio-Rad Laboratories, Richmond , Production Supervisor II, Professions , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!