Plant Safety Advisor
Company: Demix B--ton une division du groupe CRH
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Why work for Lafarge?
As the global leader in innovative and sustainable building
materials, we're committed to shaping a greener, smarter and
healthier world. At Lafarge Canada Inc., safety comes first,
collaboration matters and diversity is celebrated with people who
share our desire to continually make our materials better. -
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us?
The primary goal of the Safety Advisor is to ensure implementation
and ongoing improvement of safety, health, and loss control
processes and systems at our Richmond, BC Cement plant. -
- Work with Richmond Management Team and WCAN Cement Health &
Safety Team to ensure implementation and ongoing improvement of
safety, health and loss control processes and systems. -
- Work with Richmond - Management Team and WCAN Cement Health &
Safety Manager to identify system, program and training needs and
ensure they are in line with the requirements of the HSMS.
- Participate in the delivery of safety communications and
programs to support the Lafarge Health and Safety Management System
- Provide onsite field presence within the operations to provide
constructive feedback through coaching and mentoring both front
line employees and leadership.
- Assist management with reviewing Health and Safety Improvement
Plan objectives, identifying improvement areas and developing
- Assist in the development of safe work processes for
manufacturing, maintenance and operational functions with a focus
on high-risk activities. -
- Support collection, analysis and distribution of safety and
training KPI information. -
- Source new safety products, ensuring effectiveness,
consistency, and financial prudence. -
- Develop and deliver safety related training modules and
programs, including the development of site specific materials such
as site orientations and tool box talks.
- Develop and maintain a positive and proactive relationship with
site management, employees and local regulatory agencies.
- Coach management and employees on legislative and internal
health and safety management systems. -
- Follow-up audit actions and mandate implementation to ensure
all items have been completed on time, assisting with removing any
barriers to completion. -
- Organize, prepare for and conduct health and safety management
system audits such as COR, and/or internal audits. -
- Support site management to ensure the early and safe return to
work for injured employees. Work with HR to support accommodation
and modified work requirements.
- Complete necessary Worksafe BC paperwork related to worker
injuries. - -
- Support Industrial Hygiene program including respirable
crystalline silica & respirable dust, asbestos, noise, and heat
- Management of safety document databases including Intelex,
iCare and Avetta to ensure documents, investigations and contractor
records are properly managed.
- Provide guidance based on knowledge of OH&S regulations and
Holcim safety standards.
- Actively participate in the Joint Health and Safety Committee
and communications with local OH&S and safety
- Support the completion of workplace investigations into
incidents and possible safety violations.
- Health and safety training and/or designation is an asset
(NCSO, CRST) -
- Minimum of five years' work experience in industrial or
manufacturing setting (H&S, Operations ) -
- 3 years of health and safety experience required -
- Mature attitude and ability to work effectively independent of
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to attend to detail,
ensuring accuracy and timeliness. -
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to relate to persons
at all corporate levels with diverse educational, socioeconomic,
and ethnic backgrounds. -
- Ability to influence and build collaborative relationships.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter. -
- Proficiency in utilizing computer and web-based systems
(proficiency in Intelex, iCare, - SAP, etc.).
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft office applications
(Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.) Google suite is an asset.
- Solid knowledge of relevant Provincial Worksafe
As part of our dedicated focus on the health and safety of all
employees, a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol
testing and a criminal record check, may be required.
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class
talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate,
driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in
our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know
that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world
Check out our YouTube channel to learn more about our operations
and see all career opportunities at www.lafarge.ca/careers.
We thank you for your interest. -Only candidates selected for an
interview will be contacted. - Lafarge is committed to the
principles of employment equity and encourages the applications
from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Keywords: Demix B--ton une division du groupe CRH, Richmond , Plant Safety Advisor, Professions , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...