Guest Services Representative
Company: Courtyard by Marriott Richmond
Posted on: May 24, 2023
JOB PURPOSE: Represents the Hotel to guests throughout all
stages of the guest stay. Greet, assist and resolve guest matters
with the utmost professional, courteous and efficient manner. Must
be sales minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and
offers assistance in making choices. This position reports to the
Front Office Manager. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain confidentiality of any and all proprietary information
at all times.
- Follow all Company Policies and be on time to work, as
- Meet with supervisor to review assignments, anticipate business
levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job
- Ensure Outstanding customer care at all times.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all
- Courteously and accurately answers inquiries from potential
guests and accepts hotel reservations.
- Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding
reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
- Check in/out guests, including assigning guest's rooms and
accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Provides orientations of the Hotel.
- Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check-
cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes
used by guests.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping
room status reports up to date
- (check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests,
and day use rooms), and coordinates
- requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs cashiering tasks, such as bill/invoice settlement,
posting charges to the guest, paid out's,
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to
move employees from their
- accustomed shift to other shifts.
- Perform any other duties as and when assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS: Essential:
- High School Graduate or equivalent work-related
- 1-year experience in similar position, preferably in the
- Display a competent level of computer literacy.
- Must possess initiative, excellent guest service and decision
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and
courteous at all times.
- Ability to work well under pressure coordinating multiple
requests at any given time.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and
co-workers as part of a team.
- Flexibility in schedule.
- Ability to schedule various services for individuals.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to relay instructions and ask for help. COVID-19
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Keywords: Courtyard by Marriott Richmond, Richmond , Guest Services Representative, Sales , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...